I feel lost and alone for the last week. I haven't blogged since last week. I haven't left any comments and I miss you all. Loved seeing all the pics from Chicago. Count me in for year 2. I am also sad for those people whose expectations of themselves or the weekend was not met.
Here is my life for the past week. Long post warning.
- Had our companny BBQ last Saturday we had a great time. Friday was the employee only BBQ which is when the guys as work prepare the pit BBQ for Saturday. I have more fun on Fridays since everyone just let's loose and we have a good time. We even have a homemade craps table. This year I took two girlfriends with me. We all had a blast. :) Saturday everyone is busy with their families. My girls had a blast. They loved the 30 foot slide.
- Tuesday my oldest daughter had surgery out of town. Surgery went well. This was her 2nd surgery this year. Both were minor surgeries and unrelated. Her first surgery was a frenulectomy which was to separate her lip from her gum. My youngest will have the same surgery when she turns 2. That little piece of skin on the top of our gums inside her mouth was attached to the gum between her front teeth. Her second surgery was to open her vagina. Her inner labia was aherred. When I found it a year ago they gave me Premarin cream to try and open it. I tried it various times over the year but it never opened. She has had a couple of bladder infections this year so they felt now was the time to do it. Needless to say I was very stressed going into this surgery. Thank you God for holding her hand through surgery. She is now as perfect as perfect can be.
- Also on Tuesday my youngest daughter had an appointment with her eye specialist. I found out that the time has come for her eye surgery. It is now scheduled for the 7th which is next Thursday. I have known this was coming but it doesn't make it any easier to handle. She is only 19 months old.
- Wednesday the hospital for my youngest daughter's surgery called to preregister her. She told me they were operating on both eyes. She said she would call the Dr to verify. Sure as heck they are going to do both eyes. :( When she told me that I immediately felt the weight of the world fall on my shoulders. I am terrified that they will be operating on her good eye too. She has amblyopia and strabismis. They have to do both eyes to position them properly. Aunt Pat is going to keep my oldest so I can concentrate on my baby. This surgery means # 5 this year for a family of 3. Two for my oldest, two for me (sinus surgery which I was admitted to the hospital for & lap band). To say I am ready for a normal year is an understatement.
- Baby Isabella doesn't need heart surgery. What a blessing. She is still in NICU & will be for at least another month. For a premie she is doing well.
- I found a house to rent. It is a 3 bedroom 2 bath. I am starting to get excited. We will be moving on the 15th. My oldest is getting a fish and going into a toddler bed.
- I have an appointment for my first fill. Which is on Oct 11th. Which is just days away from 8 weeks post op.
- Last Thursday was 6 weeks post op. I started on solids. Baby steps. First time I chewed I felt like I had stuff stuck in my teeth and they kinda felt weird after chewing. Kind of like they were sore.
- Thursday morning I woke up to a vandalized mini van. I have lived here 18 months with no problems and they wait til my last 2 weeks here to cause trouble. Plus side I am in a rental. 2011 Suburban. It had 120 miles when I got in. This has been my dream vehicle forever. I want to steal it. :) I am in love!
- Last night I went to dinner with my sister & Ron. We went to Olive Garden. The waitress was nice enough to let me share the all you can eat pasta with my girls. I ordered the whole wheat pasta with alfredo sauce & chicken. My oldest didn't like the wheat pasta. My youngest loved it. I ate all the chicken and tried the pasta. I didn't care for it. I did have some breadsticks. I had less than 1.5 and they went down so easy. Obviously I have no restriction. However, by the time we were home I was miserable. I am sure everything expanded. I was bloated and even comtemplated going to the emergency room. Remind me bread isn't good for me if I do it again.
- Since last night I haven't been able to eat and I haven't been hungry. Breakfast was about 1/2 cup of refried beans. I couldn't eat anymore. I just had some soup. I finally feel hungry and I feel like I could eat a cow. I still feel uncomfortable though.
- Week 6 post op weigh in I only lost .4 of a pound. That is by far the least amount I have lost a week. Even with that weight loss I am still a bit over a 2.5 lb weight loss per week. Thank you band. :)
I think I am done updating for now.
Have a great weekend all!