Blog Disclaimer

Blog Disclaimer: When I write I don't have an outline or such. I write off of the top of my head. I don't even bother to edit. If I were to edit I feel I would change the post entirely. I post what I feel at that given moment. It may even jump around a bit. Read at your own discretion. =)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Is this really happening?

I have lost 35 pounds since May 18th which was the first visit to the Lap Band Surgeon.  A part of me can't believe I have lost the weight.  I still see myself at my heaviest.  I can tell my clothes are not fitting like before.  So, I had a "moment" last night during my restless, sleepless night of laying in bed where I asked myself "why am I having surgery if I can lose the weight"?  OH YEAH! This has kicked my butt.  Not to mention I can never keep the weight off. 

Ron and I went shopping the other day at Lane Bryant, there was a dress I really wanted that was a size smaller than what I normally wear.  I thought that dress would look really cute in Vegas next month.  I didn't purchase it.  However, I kept thinking about how I wanted that dress so I went and bought it.  Went to my moms and it slid right on.  Yay! for me.  Then I get home and try it on, it looks sloppy it is definitely  too big.  The dress has a side zipper and it just slipped right on, obviously its too big.  It will be going back to the store.  :)

This morning, I reached in to my bra drawer and pulled out an old bra that didn't fit.  Guess what??? I am wearing it and it is super comfy.  Granted the price I am paying for this bra is smaller boobs. lol

Yes! this is really happening to me.  I am stunned and amazed at the same time.  Amazed I can lose the weight.  Stunned that I gained the weight i just lost in a 2 year period.

My thoughts on all of this... I have definitely made the right decision to have surgery.

Have a great day all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 35lbs is awesome! I had similar feelings before surgery. With the band I know I will keep the weight off for good! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Angela! You are going to continue kicking butt!!!

    ReplyDelete